EDC Key Skills ‘Theory and Practice of Routine Dentistry’
Dentistry education and training by dedicated equine dentistry referral practice
16 and 17 May 2022* in Toulouse (France)
The course will cover the foundations required for the veterinarians starting out in equine dental practice, or for those who wishing to refresh or update their knowledge of modern maintenance dentistry techniques.
An intense and condensed theoretical and practical approach over two days. Exceptional online video teaching support. Unique discussions and practical training in hand and power rasping techniques.
Speakers: Dr Chris Pearce and Dr Nicole Du Toit
What does this Courses cost?
1/ Online videos
- Reasons for Equine Dentistry – Why, What For?
- Gross and Ultrastructural Anatomy
- Equine Dental Equipment for the Practitioner
- How to perform a Routine Dental Visit
- Dental Equilibration – The Basics of Hand and Power Instrumentation
- Dentistry in the Young Horse
- Dentistry in the Geriatric Horse
- Extractions of Wolf Teeth, Deciduous Teeth and Loose Teeth
2/ Two days of Courses from 8.30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday 16 May 2022:
- Dental Anatomy & Pathology
- Dental examination
- Use of instrumentation
- Practical on cadavers
- Tuesday 17 May 2022:
- Oral and dental endoscopy
- Role of the bit and the "bit seat" and risks
- Sedation and anaesthesia
- Practice on live horses_Dental levelling techniques
Programme subject to change if necessary.
3/ Catering over 2 days
- Welcome/coffee, sweet and savoury breaks
- Lunch break (buffet/lunch)
- Self-service refreshments for practice classes
4/ French translation
- Simultaneous translation headsets for the theory classes
- A translator with each speaker for the practical work and the practical courses
Location of the course : - Toulouse for the theoretical courses and practical work - Fenouillet for the practice on live horses
* Warning: If the event cannot be organised due to Covid health measures, force majeure, or other factors beyond our control, participants will be informed immediately and automatically registered for the next training session. Participants will only receive a full refund of the course if the course is cancelled without the possibility of a later session and in this case IIDE will not be liable to its clients and will not give rise to any financial compensation for travel, accommodation or other bookings.